The ISPD Calendar of events compiles the most relevant events for PD professionals taking place all over the world. It includes the events organised by ISPD and the events that our society has endorsed.
To require the endorsement of one of your events, please follow these instructions.
The ISPD 2024 congress will take place in Dubai, 26-29 September 2024.
More information: www.ispd.org/dubai2024
Year Round Endorsed Educational Programs
The ISPD has endorsed two industry-supported educational programs, organised by two of our Corporate Members:
The Advanced Renal Education Program (AREP) Home Dialysis Workshops 2022 are organised by Fresenius Medical Care. Information about dates, program and registration links are available on this LINK.
The PD Academy SEA HCP Education Program is a comprehensive peritoneal dialysis (PD) training program organized by Baxter for both doctors and nurses. The PD Academy curriculum was developed by an expert faculty from the Southeast Asia Peritoneal Dialysis Network. Details of the course and registration are available on this LINK.
Home Dialysis Academy of Excellence (HDAE) Annual Symposium 2023
September 26 - September 29
The Home Dialysis Academy of Excellence is a live 3.5-day program created through a collaboration between the Divisions of Nephrology at Stanford and UC Davis with Satellite Healthcare, a non-profit dialysis provider and ISPD corporate member. HDAE is designed to provide Nephrology Fellows with a balanced understanding of the value and application of both peritoneal dialysis and home hemodialysis as therapeutic options to promote health and wellbeing for people with end-stage kidney disease. Satellite Healthcare and its collaborators established HDAE after recognizing an unmet need for more
home dialysis education among US nephrology fellows.
HDAE is a 3.5-day annual symposium in Milpitas, California, USA. This interactive event is holding its inaugural live session for approximately 20-25 nephrology fellows in 2023. The program includes hands-on sessions with PD/HHD equipment, case-based learning, patient speakers, panel discussions,
networking and lectures from physicians with expertise in home dialysis modalities. HDAE covers a spectrum of topics, including but not limited to:
• The ongoing evolution of home dialysis in the US
• Choosing home dialysis for appropriate patients
• Troubleshooting and managing home dialysis
• The latest home dialysis technology and equipment
• Navigating the economics within value-based care models
• The patient experience with home dialysis
• The economics of home dialysis
Below is our brief agenda for the 2023 Annual Symposium. It will be presenting a minimum of 8 hours of peritoneal dialysis content throughout the
symposium. Continuing education credits are not provided to participants as our audience is US nephrology fellows who generally are not in need of continuing education credits.
- Day 1 (Tuesday, September 26, 2023)
- Focus on Peritoneal Dialysis: Didactics, Hands-on Session and Case Studies
- Day 2 (Wednesday, September 27, 2023)
- Focus on Home Hemodialysis: Didactics, Hands-on Session and Case Studies
- Day 3 (Thursday, September 28, 2023)
- Patient Panel Discussion
- How to Build a Successful Home Dialysis Program
- Shark Tank Activity
- Day 4 (Friday, September 29, 2023)