At the 2016 ISPD Congress in Melbourne, ISPD agreed to hold every 4th ISPD Congress in Europe jointly together with EuroPD, commencing in 2020.
Much of the second half of 2017 was dedicated to the bidding and site selection process for the joint meeting, concluding with a EuroPD Executive and ISPD Council decision on the destination in early November.
On behalf of ISPD and EuroPD, I am pleased to announce that the 18th Congress of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis, which will be held jointly with the 15th EuroPD meeting, will take place in:
I would like to thank all the cities that submitted bids. It was a very competitive process and we received a number of outstanding applications.
Please make sure you save the anticipated meeting dates in your calendars:
2 to 5 May 2020 (some pre-conference sessions may take place starting on the 30th April).
Watch a short video about Glasgow here!
The ISPD – North American Chapter has developed a new interactive PD catheter registry.
The PD Catheter Registry is a web-based system that collects patient information to identify key variables that affect PD catheter performance.
Although the registry was originally developed for North America, any PD program can participate.
For further information please go to:
– the registry web-site at: https://pdcatheterregistry.sunnybrook.ca, or
– contact Dr. Matthew Oliver (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to read an obituary about Dr Henderson
ISPD is pleased to announce the names of the successful applicants of round 1 of 2017 of the ISPD Scholarship (Fellowship Program):
Iliana Cifuentes (Guatemala)
Adriana Dejman (USA)
Aishutu Muhammad Nalado (Nigeria)
Congratulations to you all!
For more information about the ISPD Scholarship (Fellowship Program) and to download an Application Form, please click here
ISPD will have a booth at the 54th ERA-EDTA Congress in Madrid!
We’ll be at booth 1.055 in Exhibition Hall 8 during exhibition hours from 3 – 6 June 2017.
Pick up your free trial to PDI for the duration of the Congress, information about the upcoming ISPD 2018 Congress in Vancouver, Canada (5-8 May 2018) and more information about ISPD membership and activities.
For full details about the Congress, please visit the ERA-EDTA Congress website
Are you attending the 54th ERA-EDTA Congress in Madrid (3-6 June 2017)? Don’t miss the:
ISPD / ERA-EDTA symposium on Long-term care of the peritoneal dialysis patient chaired by Simon Davies (UK) and Isaac Teitelbaum (USA)
When: Monday, 5 June 2017
Time: 15.15 – 16.45
Where: HALL N 101-102
Click here to view the full Congress program
ISPD and EuroPD will come together for a joint meeting in Europe in the Spring of 2020.
We are now accepting proposals from cities who can accommodate between 2000-2500 delegates, a large exhibition and poster area and has a wide variety of hotel accommodation on the doorstep and excellent international transport links.
The bid deadline is Friday, 29 July 2017.
To receive the detailed Request for Proposals (RfP), please contact the 2020 Congress Organisers:
Managing Director, In Conference Ltd
The International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD) is a proud partner of the Saving Young Lives (SYL) Program which is an initiative to develop sustainable programs for treating acute kidney injury in sub-saharan Africa and South-East Asia.
(Photo: Brett Cullis (ISPD) and SYL faculty teaching catheter insertion techniques to over 40 physicians from Cameroon and other sub- Saharan African countries at the AFRAN Congress in March 2017)
Peritoneal Dialysis International, ISPD’s official journal, recently published a special article on the Saving Young Lives Experience in West Africa: “Proceedings of the Saving Young Lives session at the first International Conference of Dialysis in West Africa, Dakar, Senegal in December 2015”. The article summarises presentations at the meeting from 5 centres who have participated in the SYL Program and plans for the SYL Program moving forward in the region.
Click here to view the article in Peritoneal Dialysis International.
You can also watch Fred Finkelstein, ISPD SYL Representative and International Liaison Committee Chair, talk about SYL as part of the SYL interview series here.
For more information about SYL in general and the centres involved in the program, please click here.
ISN and ISPD will run a joint course during the World Congress of Nephrology (WCN) in Mexico City on 21 April 2017.
What? Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Course
Where? Centro Banamex, Diemo 3-4
When? Friday, 21 April 2017
11:00 – 13:00: Course 1
- Chairs: Stanley Fan (United Kingdom) & Rafael Mauricio Sanabria Arenas (Colombia)
- 11:00 – 11:30: Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis – New Insights, Speaker: Stanley Fan
- 11:30 – 12:00: PD for Diabetic and the Obese, Speaker: Miguel Perez Fontan (Spain)
- 12:00 – 12:30: PD Catheter Insertion, Speaker: John Crabtree (USA)
- 12:30 – 13:00: Peritonitis – Update Management, Speaker: Rafael Mauricio Sanabria Arenas
14:00 – 16:30: Course 2
- Chairs: Alfonso Cueto Manzano (Mexico) & Philip Li (Hong Kong)
- 14:00 – 14:25: Cost Analysis in PD, Speaker – Ramon Paniagua (Mexico)
- 14:25 – 14:50: PD for AKI – When and How, Speaker: Daniela Ponce, (Brazil)
- 14:50 – 15:15: Fluid and Cardiovascular Problem in PD, Speaker: David Johnson (Australia)
- 15:15 – 15:40: PD Epidemiology and Challenges, Speaker: Philip Li
- 15:40 – 16:05: How to Reduce Inflammation in PD, Speaker: Alfonso Cueto Manzano
- 16:05 – 16:30: Use of Telemedicine in PD, Speaker: K.S. Nayak, India
Click here to view the latest version of the WCN program