ISPD and EuroPD will come together for a joint meeting in Europe in the Spring of 2020.
We are now accepting proposals from cities who can accommodate between 2000-2500 delegates, a large exhibition and poster area and has a wide variety of hotel accommodation on the doorstep and excellent international transport links.
The bid deadline is Friday, 29 July 2017.
To receive the detailed Request for Proposals (RfP), please contact the 2020 Congress Organisers:
Managing Director, In Conference Ltd
The International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD) is a proud partner of the Saving Young Lives (SYL) Program which is an initiative to develop sustainable programs for treating acute kidney injury in sub-saharan Africa and South-East Asia.
(Photo: Brett Cullis (ISPD) and SYL faculty teaching catheter insertion techniques to over 40 physicians from Cameroon and other sub- Saharan African countries at the AFRAN Congress in March 2017)
Peritoneal Dialysis International, ISPD’s official journal, recently published a special article on the Saving Young Lives Experience in West Africa: “Proceedings of the Saving Young Lives session at the first International Conference of Dialysis in West Africa, Dakar, Senegal in December 2015”. The article summarises presentations at the meeting from 5 centres who have participated in the SYL Program and plans for the SYL Program moving forward in the region.
Click here to view the article in Peritoneal Dialysis International.
You can also watch Fred Finkelstein, ISPD SYL Representative and International Liaison Committee Chair, talk about SYL as part of the SYL interview series here.
For more information about SYL in general and the centres involved in the program, please click here.
ISN and ISPD will run a joint course during the World Congress of Nephrology (WCN) in Mexico City on 21 April 2017.
What? Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Course
Where? Centro Banamex, Diemo 3-4
When? Friday, 21 April 2017
11:00 – 13:00: Course 1
- Chairs: Stanley Fan (United Kingdom) & Rafael Mauricio Sanabria Arenas (Colombia)
- 11:00 – 11:30: Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis – New Insights, Speaker: Stanley Fan
- 11:30 – 12:00: PD for Diabetic and the Obese, Speaker: Miguel Perez Fontan (Spain)
- 12:00 – 12:30: PD Catheter Insertion, Speaker: John Crabtree (USA)
- 12:30 – 13:00: Peritonitis – Update Management, Speaker: Rafael Mauricio Sanabria Arenas
14:00 – 16:30: Course 2
- Chairs: Alfonso Cueto Manzano (Mexico) & Philip Li (Hong Kong)
- 14:00 – 14:25: Cost Analysis in PD, Speaker – Ramon Paniagua (Mexico)
- 14:25 – 14:50: PD for AKI – When and How, Speaker: Daniela Ponce, (Brazil)
- 14:50 – 15:15: Fluid and Cardiovascular Problem in PD, Speaker: David Johnson (Australia)
- 15:15 – 15:40: PD Epidemiology and Challenges, Speaker: Philip Li
- 15:40 – 16:05: How to Reduce Inflammation in PD, Speaker: Alfonso Cueto Manzano
- 16:05 – 16:30: Use of Telemedicine in PD, Speaker: K.S. Nayak, India
Click here to view the latest version of the WCN program