The newly established Communication and Media Committee (CMC) of the ISPD, chaired by Dr. KS Nayak, is responsible for communicating the activities of the Society and educational issues regarding peritoneal dialysis to the members of ISPD, PD community, medical professionals related to PD, patients on dialysis and their families, and the general public.
The Committee will maximize and optimize the appropriate usage of online platforms such as the website and our newsletters, social media to disseminate information to support the objectives, goals and initiatives of the Society. Some of the developing initiatives through the CMC include:
- ISPD Newsletter: Yeoungjee Cho as Editor with Mayoor Prabhu as Deputy Editor will work in close co-ordination with the Chair(Nayak) and the Secretariat (Miguel) and solicit inputs from all members who literally come from every major region/continent of the world.
- NephJC Collaboration: NephJC is an extremely active and popular nephrology journal club that uses Twitter to discuss the research, guidelines, and editorials that drive nephrology. Nikhil Shah has been nominated by them to represent them in the CMC- ISPD.
- ISPD Website: The CMC is devising strategies in how it can contribute towards increasing the ‘hits’ the ISPD website gets and help the Secretariat in its maintenance.
- Upcoming Meetings: The CMC-ISPD shortly plans to co-ordinate with the Organising Committees of the upcoming Conferences of the ISPD in disseminating awareness before and during the event. Particular emphasis will be on the Joint ISPD-EuroPD 2020 Congress, Glasgow, where the Committee plans to closely with the Congress in popularising it in the local media (press and electronic), the nephrology community to maximise attendance. The Conference coverage of scientific and other activities will be planned using various Social Media platforms.
The 9th Asia Pacific Chapter Meeting of the International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis (APCM-ISPD 2019) will be held at the Nagoya Congress Center in Japan from September 5 to 7, 2019. The conference theme will be “Peritoneal Dialysis: Recent Advances and Enhancing knowledge.”
The aims for this conference are both to convey the latest discoveries as efficiently as possible and to increase the number of educational sessions to reaffirm and discuss actual practice. In addition to lectures, the training sessions will also include opportunities for discussion in the form of case conferences, and we hope to incorporate the use of answer pads to make them interactive. As Japan’s population continues to age, we also hope to advance the debate on building support systems, including assisted PD.
Nagoya, which is located in central Japan, has excellent domestic and international transportation links. There are direct flights from many Asian cities, as well as from Narita and Haneda airports in Tokyo and Osaka’s Kansai Airport. The city can also be reached from Tokyo and Osaka in a short time by the Shinkansen bullet train. There are numerous tourist attractions in the area, and Kyoto, Japan’s best-known tourist destination, is only approximately 30 minutes away by Shinkansen.
The APCM-ISPD 2019 Organizing Committee, led by Professor Yasuhiko Ito, the Congress President, has put every effort into organizing a conference that will be fulfilling for all who attend. We look forward to seeing all of you there.
Guidelines on “Creating and Maintaining Optimal Peritoneal Dialysis Access in the Adult Patient” available in French
The ISPD is grateful to Max Dratwa and Christian Verger for translating the 2019 ISPD access guideline: “Creating and Maintaining Optimal Peritoneal Dialysis Access in the Adult Patient” into French, on behalf of the Registre de dialyse péritonéale de langue Française (RDPLF).
All ISPD guidelines available HERE.
Updated Guidelines on “Creating and Maintaining Optimal Peritoneal Dialysis Access in the Adult Patient”
The May/June issue of PDI will include the updated guidelines on “Creating and Maintaining Optimal Peritoneal Dialysis Access in the Adult Patient”. But you can already access them on the Guidelines section of our website. These updated guidelines have the potential to change practice in your center, according to one of the authors, Dr Frank J.M.F. Dor.
This guidelines are created by the Standards and Guidelines Committee of our society. Special thanks to the leaders of the committee, Dr Edwina A. Brown and Dr Javier de Arteaga, and to the authors John H. Crabtree, Badri M. Shrestha, Kai-Ming Chow, Ana E. Figueiredo, Johan V. Povlsen, Martin Wilkie, Ahmed Abdel-Aal, Brett Cullis, Bak-Leong Goh, Victoria R. Briggs, Edwina A. Brown, and Frank J.M.F. Dor.
The ISPD announces an extension of the deadline for the first round of the ISPD Fellowship Program for 2019.
The new deadline to submit applications is 15th April, 2019.
Main points of the programme:
- Support for international mobility for PD training up to $5000 USD.
- Free ISPD membership (Trainee/Fellow) for one year, including subscription to the ISPD journal Peritoneal Dialysis International.
- Pick a destination from our List of PD Reference Centers, or select one of your own choice.
- Two fellowships earmarked for a doctor and nurse team to train in acute PD under the guidance of the Saving Young Lives program.
- Open to both ISPD members and not members as well. Share this information with anyone that can be interested!
Click here to view full details about the program, the eligibility, and the application process.
While getting everything in place for our next Joint Congress ISPD-EuroPD 2020, ISPD has started the preparations to organise its next ISPD Congress on 2022.
We are now accepting proposals from cities who can accommodate around 2000 delegates, a mid-size exhibition and poster area (minimum 1600 m²), and offering a wide variety of hotel accommodation on the doorstep, with excellent international transport links.
We welcome proposals from every region of the world with the exception of Europe.
- Bid deadline: 1st June 2019
- Notification of Shortlisted Candidates: Friday 6th September 2019
- Site Visits Conducted: October 2019
- Announcement of 2022 Congress Venue: November/December 2019
To receive the detailed Request for Proposals (RfP), please contact the 2022 Congress Organisers:
Managing Director, In Conference Ltd
The International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD) welcomes research proposals that are of importance to the international peritoneal dialysis community. The study should require international collaboration.
15 January 2019
Members and non-members of the ISPD may submit proposals.
How to Prepare your Application
Please read the application guidelines carefully, available here:
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the proposal informally with Dr Thyago Proenca De Moraes, Chair of the ISPD International Studies Committee, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before making their submission.
Finalised applications should be submitted to email@example.com by January 15th 2019.
Small grants ($5,000 to $10,000 USD) may be awarded at the discretion of the ISPD Council to help enable these projects.
2018 is coming to its end, and that means it is the time of the year to renew your ISPD membership. In this case, we encourage you to renew before Dec 31st to continue enjoying the current membership fee.
All prices are USD.
We have different payment methods available for you to renew your membership: directly online (with Visa, Mastercard or American Express), via wire transfer or check… Find all the information related with the renewals in our website section about Renewals.
For any question related to renewals (including checking the expiry date of your membership), please contact our Society Coordinator on the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISPD is looking for new members to join its ISPD Committees and increase the representation of our members in the teams that shape the work of our society. The ISPD Committees represent an opportunity to get involved in the work of our society, participate in the running of some of our programs, and help the society achieve its objectives. They also present a great opportunity to connect with peers from other parts of the world.
Please find a list of the committees currently undergoing a renewal of membership, with a short description of the objectives of each committee. To ensure that all our committees reflect the diversity of our society, we have indicated in the open call the regions that are being prioritized for each committee.
If you are interested in joining one or more of ISPD Committees, please send an email to email@example.com before Wednesday, October 10th 2018. Please include in your Expression of Interest:
- your full name
- date of birth
- country of residence
- relevant experience
- a brief motivation of what you want to join the committe
- If you are interested in applying for more than one committee, please write a different motivation for each one of them.
If you have any questions regarding the tasks of the committees or the application process, please get in contact by email with Miguel Gallardo, ISPD Society Coordinator.
Communication and Media Committee (Chair: Dr KS Nayak)
This ISPD Committee will support the Society in increasing its outreach towards members and non-members, using available and novel communication channels. We are looking for members who have experience in using social media and other online communication tools.
- Looking for candidates (preferably from Eastern Europe)
Education Committee (Chair: Dr Sharon Nessim)
This ISPD Committee coordinates the development of educational materials and activities of the society; it reviews the requests for educational support and the endorsement of educational events.
- Looking for candidates from Australia/Oceania and Eastern Europe
Future Meetings Committee (Chair: Dr Philip Li)
The Future Meetings Committee of the ISPD supervises the whole process of selection of appropriate sites for hosting the biennial scientific meeting of the ISPD, reviewing and shortlisting the bids for presentation to the Council of ISPD for final decision.
- Looking for candidates from Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and Latin America
International Liaison Committee (Chair: Dr Fred Finkelstein)
This ISPD committee is responsible of the growth and development of peritoneal dialysis care internationally for acute and chronic renal failure. The committee works with developing programs to help maintain basic standards of care and provide expertise advice to difficult issues. This committee has the objective of encouraging educational programs for peritoneal dialysis, coordinating training for doctors and nurses, working closely with other international and national organizations, and establishing links with other philanthropic organizations.
- Looking for candidates from Eastern Europe, Africa, Middle East, Latin America and Oceania
International Studies Committee (Chairteam: Dr Thyago de Moraes and Dr. Mark Lambie)
This committee encourages high quality, international research collaborations, conducting peer reviews of research proposals, and recommending endorsement by the society where appropriate.
- Looking for Candidates from Oceania, Africa and Middle East
Nominating Committee (Chair: Dr Joanne Bargman)
This ISPD committee prepares a slate of nominations to stand for election, replacing officers and councilors completing their term of service, in keeping with the bylaws of the society.
- Looking for candidates from Africa, Eastern Europe, Western Europe
Membership Committee (Chair: Dr Xue Qing Yu)
This committee is responsible to foster affiliation with the ISPD by providing useful and relevant benefits to its members. It also has the objective to implement innovative ways to recruit and retain members.
- Looking for candidates from Oceania
Nursing Liaison Committee (Chair: Ms Helen Hurst)
This ISPD committee coordinates the involvement of the nurses and other health professionals into the work of our organization, to ensure that their contribution is always taken into account. It is the contact body for cooperation and collaboration with other nurses’ associations and projects.
- Looking for candidates from Africa
Publications Committee (Chair: Dr Simon Davies)
This ISPD committee is responsible for maintaining the relationship between the society and the publishing company of our Journal PDI. It has the objective to ensure that the contract with the publisher is enforced by both sides, and will be in charge of renegotiating any changes to the contract to adapt to new circumstances. The committee also has to manage the preparations for the renewal of the contract, or the selection of a new publishing company at the end of the contract.
- Looking for candidates from Africa, Middle East, Asia and Oceania
Scholarships and Awards Committee (Chairteam: Dr Roberto Pecoits-Filho and Dr Joanna Rowinska)
The purpose of this ISPD committee is to identify the best candidates for different awards and programs under the ISPD. They are responsible to establish the regulations and run the selection processes of, among others, the Maher Awards and the ISPD Fellowship Program.
- Looking for candidates from Western Europe, Africa and Middle East